Friday 28 June 2019

Matariki learning.

Matariki facts.


This week me and my school have been learning about more Matariki facts like.

There's more then 7 stars there are actually 9 stars the two that we did not know about their names are Hawaii and pahutakawa.

Matariki is the Maori name for the Pleiades star cluster.

 It rises during Pipiri (June or July) and marks the beginning of the Maori new year.

The word is an abbreviation of Ngā Mata o Te Ariki (Eyes of God)
that God is Tawhirimatea God of the weather.

That is only some of what my school has been learning I really do not know what ells to say except thanks for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment using the following guidelines;
Introduce yourself
Start by saying something positive about my blog post
Be thoughtful - A sentence to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say
Be helpful - Ask a question to extend our understanding (your’s and mine) or share some ideas that I can work on in my next post